Lots of homebody shit in this one. February’s usually like that, isn’t it? You guys had better get ready, though, because all the face-meltingly awesome stuff I did on the cruise will be on the list for March!
- made a paper garland for a party
- sewed a hat
- sang the karaoke song I always knew I’d be good at (Yay, I finally found a song list with Brass in Pocket on it!)
- made my own calendar (sort of)
- made a pincushion
- bought a serger (and loved it!)
- sang along with 80’s power ballads until my throat hurt
- used professional lighting for a photography gig
- discovered how much I love watching Chuck
- sewed using oilcloth
- bought a bag from Cinnamon!
I may not be able to write lately, but I’m totally kicking crafting’s ass. I made a dress:
I didn’t use a pattern for this one; instead I measured and copied one of my favorite dresses. Here’s the bottom of the dress:
And then I knitted my first sweater:
I couldn’t have made the sweater without the help of my friend Kristin, who showed me how to do all the new techniques I didn’t understand. I had planned to make longer sleeves, but my knitting skills aren’t really there yet, so I left them short:
The thing I think about while doing all this crafting is that if western civilization collapses and we run out of clothes to wear (which will never happen; there are so damn many clothes), I will be able to clothe myself almost entirely. Now I just need to learn to cobble.